Meet Our Team: Outreach & Advocacy
The Thrive Center Outreach and Advocacy Team is dedicated to the ongoing persistence and completion of students from the University of Arizona. We serve as navigators assisting students in understanding and moving through the explicit and implicit expectations often needed to find success at a large four-year university. Our staff is available to you on short-term and long-term bases. Please feel free to schedule a meeting with us to discuss how to best serve you.
We are available to meet with all Wildcats seeking support navigating the UAZ, getting connected to the community (both on campus and in Tucson), and building their Wildcat network.
Our team is educated and trained in supporting the following student groups:
- Arizona Assurance recipients
- First Cats (first-generation college students)
- Immigrant and undocumented students, those with DACA, refugees, and those from mixed-status families
- Pell Grant-eligible students and those from low-income households
- First-year students who self-identify as male and as a person of color
- Students on academic probation
- Transfer students
Last name A-D
All students interested in strengths coaching
Last name E-K
All students who are Sunnyside Unified School District alumni
Last Name L-Q
All students who identify as immigrants, have an undocumented status, those with DACA, refugees, and mixed-status families.